This praline crust is a delicious change from a regular pie crust.
Pumpkin Pie with Praline Crust
- 1/3 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 can 16 ounces pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- For crust, combine the pecans, sugar and butter, press into the bottom of pie plate.
- Bake at 450'F for 10 minutes.
- For filling, combine first eight filling ingredients, then stir in pumpkin. Gradually add cream and mix until combined.
- Pour into crust and bake at 350'F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.