Quinoa & Sauteed Veggie Burger with Tahini Sauce
Saute veggies until lightly browned, then spread out on a baking sheet to cool completely along with cooked quinoa.
Once cool, combine the veggies and quinoa in a large bowl, along with remaining burger ingredients together, mixing well.
Since mixture is quite loose, shape the patties by placing a large can (14oz) that has both ends removed directly on the hot greased skillet. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into can and insert a tall glass (or other flat bottom utensil) into the can to press down on the mixture to lightly pack it. Gently remove can, and press patty down once again to desired thickness.
This bun recipe (made with quinoa flour), turned out perfectly shaped and delicious buns!
Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa cooled
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped leek white part only
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup GF bread crumbs finely ground
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp GF mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 3-6 Tbsp tahini paste to taste
- !Homemade Quinoa Buns
- For the sauce, combine first 4 ingredients along with 2 Tbsp of the tahini. Mix well, then add more tahini to taste. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Bring 1/2 cup dried quinoa and 1 cup of salted water (this increases flavor) to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- For burgers, combine veggies into a skillet and sauté with a bit of oil until softened and lightly browned (browning adds more flavor!), about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until completely chilled. Combine 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa, the veggies, and remaining ingredients, mixing gently until well combined.
- Shape into patties, each with about ½ cup of the mixture - the mixture will be quite loose, so form the patties by using a large 14oz can, remove both ends of the can. Place can directly on the hot greased skillet and spoon in ½ cup of mixture. Use a tall glass to press down (firmly but gently) the patty into the shape of the can. Remove can, and flatten again lightly with glass or a spatula to desired thickness.
- Fry patties until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes/side.
WILL BE TRYING REAL SOON LOOKS VERY DELICIOUS , AND INVITING