Similar to the flavor of the Thai noodle dish Pad-Thai, yet super quick to throw together.
Refer to package instructions to prepare the noodles. Finely chop the veggies, or for a quicker version use a bagged coleslaw mix. Having everything ready in separate bowls makes this dish easier to bring together (sauce mixture, egg mixture, veggies).
|Spicy Veggie & Noodle Stir-Fry|| |
- 6 oz GF rice stick noodles (flat)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage slaw mix (or make your own using grated savoy cabbage and carrots)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup GF soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp GF rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, then toss with 1 Tbsp oil. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs with the brown sugar. Set aside
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok and saute garlic and green onions for a minute, then add the coleslaw mix. Cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add egg mixture to hot wok, and stir fry until scrambled and set. Transfer to plate.
- For the sauce, whisk everything together then add to wok along with noodles, tossing to combine. Bring to a boil and allow to reduce slightly to a sauce-like consistency. Add eggs and veggie mixture, tossing to combine.
- To serve, garnish with peanuts and lime juice.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club