For an authentic tasting dish, look no further! This curry infused dish is filled with shrimp, pork, peppers, and bean sprouts just to name a few. You can make it with as much meat and seafood as you like, or make it vegetarian.
There are a lot of components to creating this dish, so have everything prepped ahead of time and you’ll have it made in no time.
|Singapore Noodles|| |
- 1 pkg (8oz) fine rice vermicelli
- 3 eggs, optional
- 2 Tbsp curry powder, divided
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 5 Tbsp peanut or vegetable oil, divided
- 8 oz shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 oz lean pork, trimmed and cut into ¼ inch julienne
- 4 oz chicken breasts, cut into ¼ inch julienne
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 chilli peppers, seeded and slivered
- ½ red pepper, cut into ¼ inch julienne
- ½ green pepper, cut into ¼ inch julienne
- 12 whole scallions, cut diagonally into 1½ inch lengths
- 1½ cups fresh bean sprouts
- ½ cup GF chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare noodles by placing in pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Once tender, drain and rinse under cold water. Let noodles sit in colander for at least 30 minutes to air-dry and firm up, tossing occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In a dish whisk together eggs, ½ tsp curry powder, and sesame oil. Into a hot skillet, with about ½ Tbsp peanut oil, scramble eggs until cooked. Set aside.
- In skillet, cook shrimp with a bit of the oil until no longer pink. Set aside
- Similarly cook pork and chicken (separately) until done, then set aside.
- To skillet add 2 Tbsp of the oil and add ginger, garlic, chillies, and the remaining curry powder, stirring for about 30 seconds. Add in red and green peppers along with 2 Tbsp of water.
- If needed add another tablespoon of oil and add scallions, bean sprouts, and noodles. Toss everything together over high heat until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add cooked shrimp, pork, and chicken, as well as soy sauce and sherry. Mix well, then add scrambled eggs, cilantro, and season to taste with salt.