Grilled Zucchini “Pasta” & Artichokes
Zucchini (like a lot of its squash cousins), is such a versatile vegetable. Because it doesn’t have much flavor on its own, it lends itself to become whatever you need it to be.
My favorite use for zucchini is as a substitute for pasta noodles. I have cut them into long thin wide parpadelle-style noodles and grilled them until just tender.
Adding some fresh basil, marinated artichokes and some shredded rotisserie chicken are just a few of the delicious ingredients in this recipe for Grilled Zucchini Pasta.
Grilled Zucchini "Pasta" & Artichokes
- 2 zucchini
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes drained & chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 10 fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- GF goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- Thinly slice zucchini using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin. Lightly toss in some olive oil then spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F until soft, about 10 minutes (or can use an indoor grill). Set aside.
- Dressing: whisk together and set aside.
- To serve: in a large bowl add grilled zucchini, artichokes, chicken and tomatoes. Drizzle dressing over and toss gently. Sprinkle over cheese and basil, and serve.
[hr]FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?