White cannellini beans give this dip a delicious creamy texture that is great used as spread on crackers or flat bread, a veggie dip, or even as a spread on a sandwich in place of mayo.
After preparing the baked garlic and it has cooled enough to handle, squeeze out 2 (or more cloves) right into the mini food processor. Process the entire mixture until smooth, then slowly drizzle the oil in until you get the consistency you desire.
|Roasted Red Pepper & Bean Dip|| |
- ½ cup white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor combine the first 5 ingredients, pulsing until smooth.
- With the machine running slowly drizzle in enough olive oil until you get the consistency you want (3 Tbsp-1/3 cup).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.