Using chicken stock instead of milk or cream creates a lighter version of scalloped potatoes.
|Light Scalloped Potatoes|| |
Author: Angie Halten
The original recipe has no cheese so if you prefer simply leave out the cheese.
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup GF chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Place sliced potatoes in a large greased baking dish and add salt and pepper.
- Mix the potato starch, chicken stock and melted margarine in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the potato slices, top with cheese if desired, then cover and bake at 350°F for an hour (remove cover/foil for the last 15 minutes so top will brown).