Here’s a recipe that adds a wonderfully festive holiday feeling to your sweet potatoes.
Holiday Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- 6 red-skinned sweet potatoes yams
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pierce sweet potatoes in several places with fork and place on rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 55 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork. Cool slightly.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp into large bowl,and discard peel. Add remaining ingredients and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.