A dish that is just as much fun to prepare as to eat!
- 1 cup cream style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1½ cups rice flour
- ¼ cup soya flour
- 3 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- seasoned mashed potatoes for filling (mix in some cheese if you like)
- Place first five ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Sift together all the flours, then add into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix then knead until dough is smooth.
- Roll thin on an greased surface, then cut with 2½ inch round cutter. Place teaspoonful of filling on each piece and seal edges tightly together.
- Drop perogies into boiling salted water. Boil for five minutes after the perogies float to the top of the water.
- Toss in melted butter and serve with onion, bacon bits and sour cream.