Great on fresh biscuits.
Gooseberry & Strawberry Jam
- 2 lb gooseberries tops/tails removed
- 2 lb strawberries stems removed
- 4 lb sugar
- 150 ml water
- Place 8 jam jars in a oven at 250F to heat up (to sterilize).
- Put the fruit and water in a large pot and simmer until tender.
- Add the sugar and continue to simmer, stirring slowly until all the sugar is dissolved. Boil rapidly until setting point is reached*.
- Ladle jam into the hot jars (use a large mouth funnel), and fill to just before top. Cover with jar lids that have been prepared as per directions.
- Allow to cool completely before storing.