Sweet corn make these crispy fritters delicious!
- 2 medium zucchini coarsely grated
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups corn
- 1/2 cup GF cornmeal fine grind
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or milk alternative
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle grated zucchini with 1/2 tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Then spread out onto a kitchen towel and gently press the zucchini to get as much excess moisture out as you can.
- Heat butter in skillet and sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes. Then add corn and continue cooking until onions are soft. Se aside to cool a bit.
- In a small bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, baking powder and seasonings. In a large bowl combine the milk and egg, then add in the onion mixture. Mix well, then stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- To fry fritters; heat some oil in a skillet and spoon a heaping tablespoon of mixture into hot skillet (flatten out). When bottom turns golden brown, flip.
- Serve with GF sour cream if you like.