You may add pecans, hazelnuts or walnuts, if you prefer.
|Dressing with Rice & Toasted Almonds|| |
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery with leaves, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups GF chicken broth, boiling
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Sauté in butter the rice, onions, mushrooms and celery until onions are soft.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish and add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.