Celery and mushrooms are pretty flavorless on their own, but with this combination of lemon, herbs and spices, these veggies are brought to life!
This makes a tasty side dish or can even be used as a turkey dressing when you’re looking for a bread-free alternative.
|Sautéed Celery with Leeks & Mushrooms|
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 8oz mushrooms, quartered
- 6 stalks celery, ½” thick sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp GF chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat and add the leek. Stir until tender, about 4 minutes, then add the celery and a pinch of salt. Cook another 5 minutes until celery is tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are lightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the broth has been reduced by half.