Rice, sausages and veggies are cooked together in this tasty paprika flavored stew.
Arroz Con Salchichas (Rice & Sausages)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 eggplant diced
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 red + 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp GF vegetable stock powder
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 oz GF pancetta or bacon finely diced
- 2 cups GF salchichas and/or chorizo sausage diced
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- Using a large pan, sauté the onion and celery in olive oil oil until they begin to soften. Add the garlic, aubergine, tomatoes & peppers and cook slowly until you have a soft vegetable stew.
- Stir in the veg stock powder, the sweet paprika, salt and pepper and taste for seasoning. Adjust heat to a simmer for a couple of minutes then remove from heat and place into a bowl.
- Clean the pan, and fry the pancetta or bacon until the fat starts to run out. Add the diced sausages and fry until cooked.
- Add the cooked rice and vegetable stew, stir thoroughly and cook until the dish is heated through.