Add some cayenne pepper to this dish if you like a bit more spice.
Lentil & Veggie Pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 cups GF chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb GF shaped pasta cooked
- Heat oil in large non stick frying pan. Sauté veggies until soft.
- Add chicken broth, lentils, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils become soft.
- Get rid of the bay leaf. Combine lentil mix with cooked pasta and toss well to combine.