Deviled eggs are like a blank canvas, it can be simple, by using the classic ingredients, or they can stand out like a Picasso with original bold flavors and colors.
Next time you make some, try replacing a bit of the mayo with; ranch dressing, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt or cream cheese, and see what a difference it can make.
Or try adding a signature flavor like; roasted red pepper purée, crab, shrimp, relish, or a dash of hot sauce. You’re the creator in this dish, so put your thinking cap on!
|Deviled Eggs with Avocado & Bacon|| |
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 2-4 Tbsp mayonnaise, to taste (recipe for homemade Mayonnaise)
- 1-2 tsp GF Dijon or regular mustard, to taste
- ¼-1/2 tsp paprika, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp GF goat cheese or 1 Tbsp crumbled GF bleu cheese or 2 slices finely diced ham + 1 finely diced dill pickle
- Avocado slices (dip in lemon juice to prevent browning)
- Chopped cooked GF bacon
- Once eggs are hard boiled (about 14 minutes), allow to cool completely. Cold eggs will shrink away from the shells, making them easier to peel.
- Slice in half lengthwise, remove yolks into bowl. Add all ingredients, and combine using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Taste, then adjust the seasonings and add any flavorings you like.
- Place mixture into a plastic bag, and snip tip off with scissors (or use pinking shears for a rosette-style piped looked).
- Gently squeeze filling into each cooked egg half. Garnish with any toppings you'd like.
FAQ: Is Bleu Cheese Gluten Free?