Kale ‘Flatbread’ Crust (Low Carb)
Whether you’re looking for a low carb crust option, want to increase your veggie intake, or just want to try something different, you’re going to enjoy this tasty creation.
Process the kale until finely chopped, then add in the remaining ingredients.
Between two pieces of parchment, roll (or push) out the mixture into whatever size/shape you’d like for your crust. Take off top parchment and bake on a baking sheet, or a baking stone for an even crispier crust. Remove from oven, flip over and allow the underside to crisp up.
Kale 'Flatbread' Crust (Low Carb)
- 3 oz kale
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Using a food processor, process kale until finely chopped. Then add in remaining ingredients, pulsing until combined and a sticky dough forms.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment and roll/spread out to size and shape desired.
- Remove top parchment, then bake at 475°F for 15 minutes. Flip crust over (remove parchment) then bake for another 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings then set under broiler until cheese is melted. Or create an appetizer by spreading the (cooled) crust with some flavored cream cheese, then top with some grilled veggies or smoked salmon or other protein, and some fresh herbs or micro greens.
GFC Tried & Tested Recommendations
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!