An amazing combination of guacamole and tomatillo, this is a totally new way to enjoy your favorite corn chips.
Fresh tomatillos have a papery husk surrounding them. Peel it off and wash the fruit well to remove the sticky residue that covers their surface. Remove the core, chop in half and place on a baking sheet with the onions. Roasting the tomatillos and onions is going to mellow the harshness of the onions and concentrate the flavors of the tomatillos.
Once cooled, place everything in a food process and pulse until smooth.
- 6 medium tomatillos
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño seeds removed (or pickled jalapeños /green chilies)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Remove husks from tomatillos and wash well to remove sticky residue. Slice in half and place on a baking sheet with the onions. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast at 450°F for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Makes about 2 cups
THIS SOUNDS “YUMMY”!!!!
looks yummy will need to try this recipe, thanks for sharing