An amazing combination of guacamole and tomatillo, this is a totally new way to enjoy your favorite corn chips.
Fresh tomatillos have a papery husk surrounding them. Peel it off and wash the fruit well to remove the sticky residue that covers their surface. Remove the core, chop in half and place on a baking sheet with the onions. Roasting the tomatillos and onions is going to mellow the harshness of the onions and concentrate the flavors of the tomatillos.
- 6 medium tomatillos
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño seeds removed (or pickled jalapeños /green chilies)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Remove husks from tomatillos and wash well to remove sticky residue. Slice in half and place on a baking sheet with the onions. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast at 450°F for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Makes about 2 cups