Who needs to go to a restaurant when you can make these just as delicious right in your own home! Crunchy baked shrimp, crispy lettuce, with a bit of spicy sauce all wrapped in a tender grilled tortilla.
For the sauce, I used a bit of gluten free Thai red curry paste for flavor and spice, but you can use Sriracha or any other gluten free hot sauce you like. Try and make the sauce ahead of time so the flavors have time to meld.
Prepare all the taco filling ingredients and place into individual bowls so everyone can assemble their own. To give the tortillas an authentic taste, grill them lightly on both sides.
|Spicy Shrimp Tacos|| |
- 1 cup GF mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp GF prepared horseradish sauce, to taste
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sriracha or red curry paste, to taste
- 2lbs shrimp, peeled & devined
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups GF panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 8 GF tortilla wraps
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Lime zest
- Fresh cilantro
- GF corn chips, broken/strips
- Lime wedges
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside. It's best if you can prepare the sauce about an hour in advance, as this will allow the flavors to better meld and intensify. The amounts for the sauce are just a guideline, adjust them more or less to taste.
- Once shrimp are clean, pat dry and set aside. Combine oil and butter together in dish. In another shallow dish combine remaining ingredients, tossing to mix. First dip shrimp in butter mixture, then lay into crumb mixture until fully coated on both sides, pressing to adhere. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Lightly grill tortillas on both sides and serve with sauce and toppings set out in individual bowls, along with a fresh lime wedge for each person.
-For a kid friendly version of the sauce, replace the Sriracha with some ketchup to taste.