You may think this an unlikely combination – but I guarantee not a single one will remain on the plate! Dates are stuffed with an almond, wrapped with bacon, then baked to sweet perfection. The date seems to melt inside the bacon, so when you bite into it…just try it for yourself, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1/2 pkg of dried pitted dates
- 30 whole blanched almonds
- 15 slices thin GF bacon, cut in half
- Stuff each date with 1 whole almond, then wrap a piece of bacon around.
- Place seam side down (or secure with toothpick) on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 - 15 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crisp (can put under broiler halfway through to speed cooking). If undersides aren't browned enough, flip them and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel, and let cool 10 minutes before serving.