Your kids will LOVE making these! Creating beautifully colored eggs in a rainbow of colors, this is the perfect way to make Easter eggs.
Kool-Aid Dyed Easter Eggs
- Assorted 6g packets of unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- Eggs washed well (any oil residue on eggs will prevent color from adhering)
- Glass cups or clear plastic disposable cups
- Empty egg carton or baking rack for drying eggs
- In one glass per color, mix entire packet of Kool-Aid with 2/3 cup cold water. Stir until dissolved then add in 1 Tbsp vinegar.
- Allow egg to soak for 5-10 minutes, checking periodically until you get the color intensity you want.
- Use spoon to remove from solution, and allow to dry on wire rack.
Cherry: bright red
Watermelon Cherry: light pink (color will deepen the longer left in mixture, up to 10 minutes)
Orange: bright orange (color will deepen the longer left in mixture, up to 10 minutes)
Lemonade: (barely there) pale yellow. Best for using to mix colors.
Grape: dark grey (add only half the flavor packet to get a purple color)
Berry Blue/Ice Blue: robin's egg blue color Lemonade + Berry Blue/Ice Blue (equal amounts): teal (color will deepen the longer left in mixture, up to 10 minutes)
Cherry + Lemonade: peach (color will deepen the longer left in mixture, up to 10 minutes)
Cherry + Grape: rusty brow