I make this recipe every year and keep it in my fridge to serve with a roast chicken or a Thanksgiving turkey.
|Cranberry Sauce|| |
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water or orange juice
- 4 cups (1 12-oz package) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Optional: Pecans, orange zest, raisins, currants, blueberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
- In a saucepan bring the water and sugar to a boil stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst. Add any other optional ingredients you'd like.
- Remove from heat and cool completely, then chill in refrigerate (it will thicken as it cools).