Cranberry and orange are a perfect flavor combination.
|Cranberry & Orange Loaf|| |
Author: Angie Halten
Orange and cranberry are a perfect flavor combination.
- 2 cups GF flour mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ Tbsp orange zest
- ¾ cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Thoroughly combine flour mix with salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- Cream sugar, zest and butter, add egg yolks and mix well.
- Add a bit of flour, then some orange juice to egg mixture, mix well then alternate adding the four and juice until all is combined. Fold in cranberries, egg whites.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 375°F for 50 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.