Brown sugar and cinnamon create a sweet and crunchy topping over this spice cake flavored loaf. If you have never used Amaranth flour before this is a great recipe to start with.
|Spice Loaf with Brown Sugar Crust|| |
Author: Angie Halten
If you have never used amaranth flour before this is a great recipe to start with.
- 1¼ cups applesauce
- ½ cup oil (of your choice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- ¾ cup amaranth bran flour, toasted
- 1½ cups rice flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup puffed amaranth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, add the applesauce, eggs, oil, sugar, and milk. Whisk together until well combined, then add in the amaranth bran flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins.
- Fold in the puffed amaranth, then pour into a greased loaf pan.
- For the topping mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small dish and then sprinkle on the top of loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.