A light tender muffin with fresh blueberries.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Thoroughly mix the baking powder, sugar, salt, rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour and xanthan gum together.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, melted butter and vinegar. Stir until they just begin to blend. Finally, add the blueberries and stir in just until mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased/paper lined muffin tin. Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top, then bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.