Instead of garlic bread, try this flavorful Italian loaf with your next salad or pasta dish.
Italian Tomato & Cheese Loaf
- 1 1/3 cups GF flour mix
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes seeded & chopped
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup Edam cheese shredded
- Sift the flour, sugar, powder, salt, seasoning, and oregano in a bowl, making a well in the center.
- Pour chopped tomatoes, butter, applesauce, and milk into the well; blend by hand.
- Scoop batter into lightly greased loaf pan. Sprinkle grated cheese over top and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.