The Avocado adds some sweetness to the chicken salad, and the lemon juice just enough acidity to brighten all the flavors.
Chicken Salad with Avocado
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken meat
- 1 fresh avocado chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup GF mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp dried tarragon or 1-2 Tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of mixed salad greens
- Mix all of the ingredients together. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with lettuce for a simple salad, or place inside a tomato that has been cut open for a stuffed tomato, or with slices of bread for a chicken salad sandwich.