Sweet corn with a savory basil vinaigrette
- 6 ears of corn husked and cleaned
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.