This is my favorite potato salad ever! I don’t need to go to a picnic or potluck to whip this easy salad up. Instead of a being thick and creamy, it has a light vinaigrette-style dressing (no mayo).
But the real secret to this dressing is what you marinate the cooked potatoes in before you toss it with the dressing…
Allow the warm cooked potatoes to soak in the white wine for at least 15 minutes – this makes all the difference in this salad.
Drain the potatoes, then mix up the vinaigrette. Then gently toss everything together.
|Potato Salad Vinaigrette|| |
- 2 lbs baby white or red potatoes
- 4 Tbsp dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp GF grainy Dijon or regular mustard
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp scallions or green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes whole until fork tender (about 15 minutes), drain and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into quarters and place in a large bowl, and pour white wine over top. Set aside to allow potatoes to soak up wine for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour off and discard any wine that was not absorbed, then pour in dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.
[hr]FAQ: Is Wine Gluten Free?