This fresh pasta salad is filled with bright colored veggies and bold flavors, perfect for a summertime BBQ. If you’ve never tried peppadews before, you’re in for a treat! These oil-packed little sweet peppers have such a uniquely delicious flavor, I guaranteed you’ve never tried a pasta salad like this before…
Peppadews are small round little peppers that are sweet yet a bit spicy. They have such a unique flavor that you really don’t want to substitute them out. You can find them in the deli section of your grocery store (packed in oil).
I used 2 different types of pasta (rice and corn) pasta to give the salad even more color, but you can use whatever your favorite is. Because cooked gluten free pastas harden when kept in the fridge, be sure to make the salad only a few hours before serving, and store at room temperature.
Red Pepper & Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 1 lb GF rotini/fusilli pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 cup roasted red pepper diced
- ½ cup oil-packed peppadews drained & finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh chives or green onions
- ¼ cup mixed fresh basil and Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp GF Dijon
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Boil the pasta in salted water until desired doneness – during last 2 minutes of boiling add asparagus. Drain and rinse everything with cold water. Set aside.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients except the oil. While continually whisking, drizzle in the oil until dressing is emulsified.
- Toss dressing with pasta and asparagus. Stir in peppers and herbs, and serve.