Pilaf is a rice dish that has been cooked in a seasoned broth. A variety of veggies and spices can be added to change the flavors to best accompany your main dish. In this one,green onions, mushrooms, and some poultry seasoning provide the flavor.
|Almond Rice Pilaf|| |
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp GF chicken bouillon (or vegetable)
- 1½ Tbsp margarine or butter
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 - 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ cup almonds, slivered
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- Use a saucepan to boil the water, bouillon, and rice as per the directions on the rice package.
- Sauté almonds, onion, celery, mushrooms and butter in a fry pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the rice and poultry seasoning and mix well until heated throughout.