Caramelizing the shallots creates a wonderful golden color and gives them a touch of sweetness. Pairing it with fresh dill and lemon is a taste combination that can’t be beat!
|Lemon-Dill Green Beans|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Caramelizing the shallots creates a wonderful golden color and gives them a touch of sweetness.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In salted water, boil beans until tender crisp. Drain, set aside.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in 2 Tbsp of oil until golden. Set aside.
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and dill. Pour into pan with shallot mixture, whisk to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked beans, and toss together until heated throughout.