Caramelizing the shallots creates a wonderful golden color and gives them a touch of sweetness. Pairing it with fresh dill and lemon is a taste combination that can’t be beat!
Lemon-Dill Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 lemon juiced & zested
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In salted water, boil beans until tender crisp. Drain, set aside.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in 2 Tbsp of oil until golden. Set aside.
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and dill. Pour into pan with shallot mixture, whisk to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked beans, and toss together until heated throughout.