Nuts add an earthiness and texture to this orange flavored loaf.
Orange and Honey Loaf
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated orange rind
- Add the first eight ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix with the wire whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter. Bake in the center of the oven for an hour at 325°F, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.