Nuts add an earthiness and texture to this orange flavored loaf.
|Orange and Honey Loaf|| |
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1½ Tbsp grated orange rind
- Add the first eight ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- Add the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix with the wire whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter. Bake in the center of the oven for an hour at 325°F, or until internal temperature of loaf reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.