Fresh tomatoes, basil and boccocini make this beautiful side dish that can be served fresh or baked.
|Tomato with Cheese & Basil|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Beautiful looking side dish that can be served fresh or baked.
- 4 large ripe (but firm) tomatoes
- Boccocini, large size (or goat cheese)
- Fresh Basil
- GF Crema di Balamico*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and core tomatoes. Slice ½" sections into tomatoe, only cutting half way down.
- Slice cheese into ¼" slices and slide into tomato cuts.
- Put whole basil leaves into cuts as well.
- Drizzle with olive oil, crema di balsamico, and salt and pepper.
- Serve raw, or can cook at 350°F for 10-15 minutes (gently wrap the base of each tomato with tin foil to keep tomato from splitting open as it cooks).
*Crema di Balsamico is a balsamic vinegar reduction that has the consistancy of syrup. Be careful to read the label, some are made with modifed starch (which is usually wheat based if made outside of North America). If you can't find this product, just use a GF balsamic vinegar and simmer it until it reduces into a syrup-like consistency.
FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?