Fresh tomatoes, basil and boccocini make this beautiful side dish that can be served fresh or baked.
|Tomato with Cheese & Basil|| |
- 4 large ripe (but firm) tomatoes
- Boccocini, large size (or goat cheese)
- Fresh Basil
- GF Crema di Balamico*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and core tomatoes. Slice ½" sections into tomatoe, only cutting half way down.
- Slice cheese into ¼" slices and slide into tomato cuts.
- Put whole basil leaves into cuts as well.
- Drizzle with olive oil, crema di balsamico, and salt and pepper.
- Serve raw, or can cook at 350°F for 10-15 minutes (gently wrap the base of each tomato with tin foil to keep tomato from splitting open as it cooks).
[hr]FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?