There is so many different ways to make scalloped potatoes, if you like cheese, you’ll like this one.
|Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes|| |
Author: Angie Halten
There is so many different ways to make scalloped potatoes, if you like cheese, you'll like this one.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs (4 medium sized) Russet potatoes, peeled, sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2½ cups Swiss or Gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2½ cups to 3 cups of half-and-half (half milk, half cream)
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a a casserole dish and layer the bottom with ⅓ of the potato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and ½ of the sliced onions and ½ cup of the Swiss cheese, and sprinkle a little of the Parmesan and herbs.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with potato on the top (save some cheese for the top at the end of the baking).
- Pour over the cream, and dollop with the butter.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for one hour. After an hour, remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining Swiss and Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.