There is so many different ways to make scalloped potatoes, if you like cheese, you’ll like this one.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs 4 medium sized Russet potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Swiss or Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 1/2 cups to 3 cups of half-and-half half milk, half cream
- Salt and pepper
- Grease a a casserole dish and layer the bottom with 1/3 of the potato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and 1/2 of the sliced onions and 1/2 cup of the Swiss cheese, and sprinkle a little of the Parmesan and herbs.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with potato on the top (save some cheese for the top at the end of the baking).
- Pour over the cream, and dollop with the butter.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for one hour. After an hour, remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining Swiss and Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.