This soup is loaded with lots of veggies and packed with taste!
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb ground beef cooked
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 to 4 chili peppers minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 4 cups hot water or beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 6 cups green cabbage chopped (optional)
- Fry the beef until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the onions, celery and green pepper in a bit of oil until soft. Then add in the remaining ingredients,and the ground beef (except the cabbage), and simmer uncovered for one hour.
- Then add cabbage and simmer, covered, for another hour.