You might think this is an unlikely combination, but it is almost better than the classic baked potato topped with all the usual fixin’s of butter, sour cream, bacon bits and chives.
If you want cheese, add some slices inside the baked potato then fill with fresh kale pesto.
|Kale Stuffed Baked Potatoes|| |
- 4 Russet (or your choice) potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup Kale Pesto
- 4 slices Swiss (or your choice) cheese, optional
- Prepare Kale Pesto according to directions (Steps 2-4).
- Piece and bake potatoes until soft (in oven at 375°F for 30-45 minutes, or in microwave on high for 10 minutes).
- Split cooked potatoes lengthwise, lay cheese slices inside, then top with 2 Tbsp pesto into each potato.
- Season with salt and pepper, then broil for a few minutes in the oven until cheese is melted.