Crispy cubes of garlic bread are tossed in a salad, packed with Italian flavors.
|Tuscan Bread Salad|| |
- 4 slices GF French bread or baguette, 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Garlic salt & pepper
- 8 slices GF pancetta, thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed salad greens, torn into bite size pieces
- 24 Kalamata olives, pits removed
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced or cubed (optional)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Brush the bread on both sides with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Broil or fry the bread on both sides until golden. Slice into bite size cubes, set aside.
- Fry the pancetta until crisp, set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with dressing of choice, until fully coated and divide among 4 bowls.
- Divide remaining ingredients up into each bowl. Add 2 pancetta slices to each bowl, divide up the toasted bread cubes, and garnish with lemon wedge on the side.