Quinoa adds a great texture to this light tasting salad.
Quinoa & Spinach Salad
- 3/4 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- Bag of baby spinach
- 2 beets cooked* and sliced or quartered
- 3 oz goat cheese crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts pecans, or pepitas (optional)
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- Boil quinoa in 2 cups of salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain, and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- Toss spinach with dressing of choice divide among 4 bowls.
- Divide remaining ingredients up into each bowl.