Think of French toast in a whole new way – savory instead of sweet. Topped with Italian flavors, this is sure to become a new breakfast favorite.
Dip bread then fry until golden on both sides.
Add your desired toppings then serve!
|Caprese French Toast|| |
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices GF bread
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 slices mozzarella (or brie, havarti, or gouda)
- ½ cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp GF Crema di Balsamic (or simmer GF balsamic vinegar until reduced to a thick syrup)
- Whisk together egg, and milk, and a shake of salt and pepper. Dip bread slices in to fully coat. Add oil to pan, and cook bread until golden on both sides.
- Top each slice with cheese, tomatoes and basil. Heat until cheese melts (put lid on pan to help cheese melt).
- To serve, drizzle with balsamic syrup if desired.
Tools used in this recipe:
All the products that we have recommended have been tried and tested in our Gluten Free Club Test Kitchen, and have been chosen as our top picks based on their:
- Quality of the task they are designed to do
- Quality of manufacturing/Longevity
- Best value for your money
If you decide to purchase any of the items we recommend, Amazon will send a small percentage of the purchase price to the Gluten Free Club (at no extra cost to you!). We appreciate and value your support, thank you!
To see all our favorite kitchen items we use and recommend in; Bakeware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Kitchen Tools & Gadgets, Knives, and Recommended Cookbooks, visit our shopping page at our Amazon.com eStore – Gluten Free Club