Here is a fun and unique way to eat a Caesar salad!
For the chicken skewers, combine all the ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
Shape the meat into balls (I used a cookie scoop to ensure uniform sizes – and more importantly, the same cooking time), then thread onto skewers. Spritz the balls with some cooking oil, then using a spatula lift the delicate skewers and place onto a hot oiled grill.
Flatten the balls slightly, this will make the cook faster and keep from spinning on the skewers when you’re flipping them. Sear, then flip, until browned on all sides and fully cooked throughout.
For the croutons, toss the bread cubes with the oil and spices, and toast in a hot skillet until lightly golden on all sides.
Place a stack of romaine leaves on a plate along with the cooked skewers, croutons, dressing and extra Parmesan cheese, and have everyone assemble their own.
|Chicken Caesar Skewer Wraps|| |
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, separated into leaves
- ¼ cup GF Caesar dressing (recipe below)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp GF Caesar dressing
- ¼ cup GF dry bread crumbs, finely ground (or 3 Tbsp GF rolled oats)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 cups GF fresh bread cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Seasonings: granulated garlic.garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp GF Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- For chicken, combine all ingredients and form into 2" balls and skewer (about 3-4/skewer). Generously spray chicken with cooking oil and place on a hot oiled grilled using a spatula to transfer them (to keep the delicate skewers from falling off). Gently flatten balls a bit, this will help them cook faster. Grill until fully cooked, turning until browned on all sides.
- For the croutons, in a bowl toss the bread cubes with a bit of oil until lightly coated and sprinkle with some of the seasonings. Toast in a skillet until lightly golden on all sides.
- For the dressing, place the egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard into a blender, pulse to combine. With machine running slowly drizzle in the oil in a very thin stream through the top of the lid. Once all the oil has been added and emulsified, pour into a dish and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with a some grilled chicken balls that have been pulled off the skewers, croutons, a drizzle of dressing, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of cheese.