Tahini gives this salad a unique Middle Eastern flavor – and with 4.5 grams of protein for every cup of quinoa, this salad can be substantial enough as a main dish.
|Quinoa Tahini Salad|| |
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ – ¼ cup tahini (to taste)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅔ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cup grape tomotoes, halved
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- Cook quinoa in saucepan with 2 cups water and ½ tsp salt. Bring to boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to simmer until liquid is gone (about 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Use a whisk and a bowl, or a blender/food processor to make the dressing. Mix together the oil, tahini, lemon juice, water, spices, garlic and herbs.
- Combine quinoa, dressing, veggies and lentils together and toss until coated. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.