Tahini gives this salad a unique Middle Eastern flavor – and with 4.5 grams of protein for every cup of quinoa, this salad can be substantial enough as a main dish.
Quinoa Tahini Salad
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup tahini to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cup grape tomotoes halved
- 1 cup English cucumber diced
- 1 cup canned lentils drained and rinsed
- Cook quinoa in saucepan with 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to simmer until liquid is gone (about 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Use a whisk and a bowl, or a blender/food processor to make the dressing. Mix together the oil, tahini, lemon juice, water, spices, garlic and herbs.
- Combine quinoa, dressing, veggies and lentils together and toss until coated. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.