This warm salad has such wonderful flavors and textures. A simple balsamic dressing lets the crispy mushrooms star in this delicious salad.
Combine the mushroom topping and generously sprinkle over each slice, then bake until golden.
Crispy Warm Mushroom & Arugula Salad
- 6 cups arugula
- Goat cheese or Parmesan
- 120 g mushrooms sliced ¼” thick
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp GF bread crumbs or GF panko
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan finely grated (powdered style)
- 2 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Arrange mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small dish toss together the bread crumbs and parmesan
- Drizzle top of mushrooms with oil and heavily sprinkle on the crumb mixture into a thick layer. Sprinkle over some salt and pepper and bake at 425°F for 10 minutes until tops are golden.
- For dressing, whisk together the vinegar, honey and salt. Then slowly drizzle in the oil while continually whisking. Season with pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide arugula between 4-6 bowls, top with hot mushrooms right out of the oven, then drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with fresh shaved parmesan or crumbled goat cheese if desired.