Juicy strawberries, creamy goat cheese, sweet & crunchy pecans…simply delicious!
|Strawberry Salad with Candied Pecans|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Juicy strawberries, creamy goat cheese, sweet & crunchy pecans...simply delicious.
- Mixed Greens
- Strawberries, sliced
- Candied Pecans
- GF Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1½ cups whole pecans
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp GF balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp GF Dijon or regular mustard
- For the pecans: Beat together the egg white and brown sugar. Pour in the pecans and then stir until the nuts are completely coated. Transfer the pecans to a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet, spreading out to an even layer so they are not touching, then bake at 300°F for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before adding to salad.
- For the dressing: Whisk all ingredients together, then let sit for at least 20 minutes so the brown sugar dissolves.
- To serve, toss mixed greens with dressing and plate. Top each plate with some sliced strawberries, goat cheese and some pecans.
FAQ: Is Balsamic Vinegar Safe?