This recipe is not for vegetarians, I warn you now :o)
3 kinds of meat are blended together to create a sweet, salty, and spicy combination that will get your taste buds singing.
There are a bunch of fresh veggies and herbs in there as well, so it is sure to satisfy all omnivores!
When I want to make a pasta meat sauce, this recipe has become my go-to recipe. Make it for yourself and I know you’ll become a fan too!
|Spicy Bolognese Sauce|| |
- ¼ lb GF pancetta or bacon, diced
- ½ lb GF hot Italian sausage
- ½ lb GF sweet Italian sausage
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 carrots, finely diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 1½ cups red wine
- 1 cup GF beef broth
- 1 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup GF tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh marjoram, chopped
- Pinch cloves
- Fry pancetta or bacon until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Remove sausages from casings (discard), and fry meat until cooked. Drain, and set aside.
- Fry ground beef until cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add carrots, celery and onion. Sauté until onions are soft, then add garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients, and meat, and stir until combined. Bring to a low boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite GF pasta.
FAQ: Is Wine Gluten Free?