This recipe is not for vegetarians, I warn you now :o)
3 kinds of meat are blended together to create a sweet, salty, and spicy combination that will get your taste buds singing.
There are a bunch of fresh veggies and herbs in there as well, so it is sure to satisfy all omnivores!
When I want to make a pasta meat sauce, this recipe has become my go-to recipe. Make it for yourself and I know you’ll become a fan too!
Spicy Bolognese Sauce
- 1/4 lb GF pancetta or bacon diced
- 1/2 lb GF hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb GF sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 carrots finely diced
- 2-3 stalks celery finely diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3-6 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1 cup GF beef broth
- 1 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup GF tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh marjoram chopped
- Pinch cloves
- Fry pancetta or bacon until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Remove sausages from casings (discard), and fry meat until cooked. Drain, and set aside.
- Fry ground beef until cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add carrots, celery and onion. Sauté until onions are soft, then add garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients, and meat, and stir until combined. Bring to a low boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite GF pasta.
[hr]FAQ: Is Wine Gluten Free?