All the traditional ingredients for a hearty weekend breakfast are here – eggs, cheese, peppers, potatoes, but when you combine them in a slightly different way, it actually tastes different …and so fantastic!
Slice poatoes into 1/2″ rounds, drizzle with oil and a bit of salt and pepper, then bake until tender. You could save some time here and microwave the whole potatoes first (poke with a few holes, cook on high for 5-9 minutes, then slice).
When cooking the scrambled eggs, try not to break up the egg too fine. Larger pieces of egg will make it easier to assemble the finished medallions. Saute any peppers, onions, or any other veggies you’d like as well at this point and set aside.
|Baked Breakfast Potato Medallions|| |
- 4 large potatoes (1 per person)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs (1 per person)
- ½ cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Slice the potatoes into ½" thick rounds, toss with oil and place in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 400°F for about 30 minutes or under tender.
- Use broccoli and red pepper raw, or lightly sauté until tender. Set aside.
- Fry the eggs, breaking up to scramble (not too small, larger pieces are best).
- To assemble, top each baked potato slice with egg, broccoli, peppers, herbs, and top with a bit of cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream if desired.
Havarti cheese & dill
Smoked salmon & dill
Bacon & chives