Cornflakes gives this a crunchy topping.
|Sweet Potato & Corn Casserole|| |
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 stock of lemon grass
- 14 ounces corn
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green and red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 cup old white cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups GF cornflakes, crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water containing lemon grass. When they're soft, throw out the lemon grass, then drain and mash the potatoes (need 4 cups).
- In a fry pan, sauté onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons of margarine until soft. Then stir in corn and sweet potato. Blend all together and put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle over the top in this order: Parmesan cheese then grated cheese, followed by the cornflakes that have been mixed with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 45 minutes until nicely browned on top.