A caprese salad is a classic Italian salad with fresh tomatoes layered with fragrant basil, soft fresh buffalo mozzarella, then all drizzled with the sweet tang of balsamic vinegar. In our version we’ve add some chicken, and turned that fresh salad into a main course in only a matter of minutes.
There is really no comparison to the taste of Buffalo mozzarella. It’s so soft and tender, and when the balsamic vinegar soaks into it …mmmmm! You’ll find it in the deli section of your grocery store, next to all the other specialty cheeses.
You can buy Balsamic Creama or Crema di Balsamico, however all it is is a thickened (reduced) version of regular balsamic vinegar. So save yourself some money and boil down balsamic vinegar in a small skillet until thickened, about 2-4 minutes.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes thickly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz fresh Buffalo mozzarella thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup GF balsamic vinegar
- Rub chicken breasts with oil, season with salt and pepper, then fry, bake or grill chicken until fully cooked.
- Top each breast with 1-2 slices of mozzarella, 1-2 tomatoes slices, and a few basil leaves (depending on size).
- For the balsamic vinegar, pour it into a small skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce a few minutes or until thickened, then drizzle over each chicken.
I just died and went to heaven this was so dang easy and good!!! Even my fussiest little one ate it 🙂
That’s so great to hear! Thanks for letting us know!