Trim the ends and remove a layer of the bruised outer leaves. Cut them in half vertically, keeping the core intact. Drizzle with a bit of oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper, the roast in the oven until tender.
|Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon|| |
Author: Marla Hingley
Bacon and Parmesan are two bold flavors that balance the strong flavored Brussels sprouts perfectly.
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 oz GF bacon or pancetta, finely diced
- Parmesan, garnish, optional
- Toss the sprouts with the oil, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet on high heat, shaking pan, until golden.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then toss together with the roasted sprouts and pine nuts. Garnish with cheese if desired.