The batter is really thick like a stiff pancake batter and very different than a normal muffin but cooks into a scrumptious light muffin.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Thoroughly mix the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Add the eggs, milk, melted butter and vinegar. Stir them in until they just begin to blend. Then, gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour batter into a greased/paper lined muffin tin. Sprinkle some sugar on top of of each and bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.