The batter is really thick like a stiff pancake batter and very different than a normal muffin but cooks into a scrumptious light muffin.
|Raspberry Muffins|| |
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 1¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk or milk substitute
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Thoroughly mix the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Add the eggs, milk, melted butter and vinegar. Stir them in until they just begin to blend. Then, gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour batter into a greased/paper lined muffin tin. Sprinkle some sugar on top of of each and bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature of muffin reaches 205°F, using an instant read thermometer.